7.22.2007

Marshmallow Swirl Brownies

Being from Massachusetts, one thing that I have a hard time finding out here in California is Marshmallow Fluff. While I was never a fan of the Fluffernutter sandwich (peanut butter and fluff), I do greatly enjoy the taste of the Fluff all on its own.

It came to me a few weeks ago: Why not try swirling it into a brownie? I used their recipe for Whoopie Pie filling with my classic 'smaller-pan' brownie recipe. I'm a firm believer that whoever came up with the idea of chocolate and marshmallow together needs to be sainted. :)

The camera goblins are acting up, so no pictures. But, if this tells you anything - Dave ate nearly half of the pan. I brought some into work today and it got rave reviews. Not bad when I don't think it came out overly pretty to begin with. (And that's part of the reason the goblins were acting up, I think) ;)

Oh. I would've posted this soon, but ya know... yesterday was the 21st. I had to read book seven. (And, hey, if you're curious and want to read my thoughts, check out the livejournal) :D

Ingredients:
Marshmallow Fluff Filling:
¼ cup butter, softened
½ cup confectioners' sugar
½ cup Marshmallow Fluff
½ tsp. vanilla

Brownies:
½ cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
¼ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

Directions:
For Marshmallow Filling/Swirl:
Combine all ingredients, beating until light and fluffy.

For Brownies:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square pan.

Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.

Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until smooth.

Pour three-quarters of the batter into prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of marshmallow over batter. Top with remaining batter. With a knife, gently swirl through the batter, marbling the marshmallow.

Bake at 350F for 20-23 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU! you seem to be the only person that understands the goodness of a marshmallow swirl and not marshamllow frosting or marshmallows in the brownie! Great recipe!