11.06.2007

The new "large batch" brownie recipe

Sadly, my previous recipe seems to have fallen by the wayside. I found this recipe on the Hershey website, I believe, and made it last Friday evening, to mail out to my parents.

Since I've been home, my dad's become a Brownie Addict. Of the 20 that were sent, my mom ate four of them. Granted, yes, my dad could stand to gain some weight, since the chemo and all, so it's not like he's going to be gargantuan. But my dad's the type that eats only because he has to. So the fact that he's needing to join Brownies Anonymous is a step in the right direction. :D

These are very rich and fudgy, judging by the one piece that I had before mailing. (It couldn't fit in the box, I swear!) Let's see... they got to MA on Monday and they were gone by Wednesday, I believe. Maybe a few survived until Thursday. I think that says it all. :)

No picture of these, but I wanted to make sure I got the recipe up.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa
½ tsp. baking powder
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1½ tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9-inch pan.

Whisk together dry ingredients; set aside.

Beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, followed by the milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack.

No comments: