11.24.2007

Baking Gone Wrong

As I was walking home from the library today, I started thinking about the four bags of Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses my mom had sent me. Yes, you read that correctly. Four bags. I know. And I thought that, hey, maybe, instead of making the peanut butter cookies with Kisses on the top, I'd try a chocolate cookie base, and top them with the Candy Cane Kisses.

I went with this recipe as the base, since it said that the cookies didn't spread very much. I felt the batter tasted a bit funky, but hey, the pineapple cake batter wasn't my favorite either, but the cake came out delicious, so...

Thankfully I only made a dozen. I took two bites of the cookie before tossing it out. I'll let others try, just to see, but I don't think this is a winner. Back to the drawing board...

2 comments:

s.j.simon said...

lol. did you know that chocolate was banned in switzerland for many years. read this

Ai Xin Lan (Shannon Eliot) said...

Hi there, Kristen!

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. I am very impressed with the quality of your posts and to that end, I’d like to invite you to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

P.S. I have to say I love the fact you made a post about a recipe that didn't work. Good to know someone out there alludes to the mistakes, too; it sure makes me feel better when I end up with the anti-cookie! =)

How are you liking the Bay Area? I was born and raised and still live here, and going away to college made me appreciate this place all the more. It's certainly a paradise for foodies!