1.29.2009

Mascarpone Brownies

I should've known from the very start. The desire to sit down with a spoon and just eat the batter was a hard one to beat. That should come to no surprise, though, since every single thing that I've made that uses mascarpone cheese has had that same affect on me.

Without a doubt, these are the best brownies I've ever had. Ever. There was swooning involved in that first bite. Heaven in my mouth. The sun shone just a little bit brighter, a little bit warmer, within that first mouthgasmic bite. Prone to dramatics? Not I! ;)

This has been on my "to make" list for far longer than I'd like to admit. I don't know what caused me to overlook it, but obviously the baking gods had to make sure I was fully ready for such deliciousness. LOL Originally found on Recipe Zaar and adapted from a Food Network Canada recipe, I altered it just a little bit, mostly due to laziness. (At least I'm honest, right?) It worked out well, and that remaining 4 ounces of mascarpone sitting in the fridge now knows its fate. The brownies are light, yet fudgy; their dream-like quality even extends into the cutting: the knife went through there was if it was melted butter.

Wow. :)



Ingredients:
1 cup butter, melted
3 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
½ cup cocoa
½ cup mascarpone
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
½ cup flour
¼ tsp. salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish.

Pour melted butter over chocolate; let side for 30 seconds before stirring until the chocolate is fully melted.

Sift together sugar and cocoa in mixing bowl, then pour chocolate mixture into it, beating until combined. Add mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Gradually add flour and salt. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake at 325F for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.

No comments: