4.27.2007

Goji Brownies

I came across Once Upon A Tart's Browniebabe of the Month event rather on accident. To be quite honest, I don't know how I got there, but I'm glad I did. Because, truly, how can you go wrong with brownies? :D

Somehow it got into my head that I would walk over to Whole Foods today, since they sell Vosges Chocolate at a slightly better price than the actual Vosges stores do. I didn't know exactly what I'd get to work with, but I knew it'd be fabulous.

I went with their Goji bar, since it was a milk chocolate, therefore I wouldn't eat these all by myself (the boyfriend doesn't like dark chocolate *gasp*). The bar is 41% cacao, with goji berries and pink Himalayan salt. You taste the chocolate first, very smooth, and then as it melts, you pick up on the berry flavors, with a slight salty kick. Different, but yummy.

I digress, of course. ;)


by himself


..and with a friend.


Ingredients:
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
½ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
¼ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 3-oz. Vosges' Goji bar, chopped into small pieces

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped chocolate. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.

Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.


I couldn't resist and tried one after about 45 minutes. Warm, gooey deliciousness. The berry flavor is a bit 'quieter', but it's definitely there still. Very yummy. Worth the extra money for the chocolate ;)

(And do pardon the pictures, of course. I'm still learning how to make food pics pretty!) :D

3 comments:

Susan said...

The allure of Vosges - and the sticker shock! These brownies sound very good. What a nice blog you have with a good cross-section of sweets. Yes, baking IS different than cooking - more science but more satisfaction, too.

Brilynn said...

I've been wanting to try goji berries. I've only seen them in one store here but they were super expensive.

Rachel said...

YUM! I was thinking about making some thing similar, but instead of using the bar, using whole goji berries.Clever!