6.17.2007

Toffee Chocolate Bits Cookies

Part of the reason I love baking so much is that when I'm stressed or just needing to not be thinking so much, a good recipe and some good music competely changes everything. I also realized that I feel much more human when I've baked recently (which would explain adolescence, right? LOL!).

Anyways, I thought I'd make some cookies tonight, along with my breakfast muffins for tomorrow morning. I've made this recipe before, but with just the plain Heath Toffee Bits; this time I used the Toffee/Chocolate mix. The Hershey website says this will make about four dozen cookies, if you put down a teaspoonful at a time.

I have about six dozen cookies, give or take. I do enjoy these cookies - the toffee bits give them a nice, nutty flavor to them, which I don't eat nearly as often as I probably should. Made these one Christmas and they were very popular. I'd say... three days, if not less, before they're all gone. :)



Ingredients:
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) Heath Toffee and Chocolate Bits

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.

Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in toffee/chocolate bits. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.

Bake at 350F for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 6 dozen.

No comments: