1.17.2009

Butterfinger Blondies

I did a Very Nice Thing today. Yep. Early in the morning, too. Less than half an hour after waking up.

I let Dave choose what I was making today. :)

I showed him some of my options and he wasn't thrilled by any of them. And then he held up the bag of Butterfinger Jingles and said, "Do something with these!" A bit more discussion - no peanut butter this time, no extra chocolate - and here we are.

He was even nice enough to chop up the Butterfingers, too. (I told him I'd post that, too LOL)

This is my go-to recipe for blondies, because it's super easy and involves little clean up. There's a nice brown sugary taste to them that goes well with the Butterfinger flavor. I used about half a cup of them, but you could do more or less, depending on how much you like the stuff. :)



Ingredients:
1 cup flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
½ to 3/4 cup Butterfingers, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan.

Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.

Cream butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in Butterfinger pieces. Spread in prepared pan.

Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 16.

3 comments:

bakingblonde said...

YUM! I love blondies and that recipe is almost exactly like the one I love and use!

Elle said...

I totally needed this blondie recipe when I was looking for one last week! Bookmarking it now-it seems really versatile. and Butterfingers? Must be perfect in these!

Hallie Fae said...

I love butterfingers i bet they were so good in blondies great idea!