6.20.2008

Nutella Brownies

Finally! I was starting to get twitchy from the lack of baking. Can you believe I went just over two weeks (15 days!) without making a thing? Incredible.

This was one of the easier times of baking at my parents' house. Because my good ol' HG (Holy Grail... aka: the KitchenAid mixer) is here. He has spoiled me mercilessly for any other mixer and I am quite fine with that. But, even with HG and my own usual items, it still felt awkward because I'm not used to the kitchen. The stove is different and I have to get used to the way that it works. The counter, while larger, is still set up differently. I know I'll adjust in time, but it'll take some getting used to.

To get to the recipe, I was telling my mom the other day about Nutella. She had never even heard of it! I started searching through recipes this morning, trying to find something that would combine my dad's desire for brownies and my mom's curiousity of Nutella. Which led me to discover Windsor Eats' Nutella Brownies. It's a match made in heaven.

I'm happy to report that both of my parents and Dave enjoyed them, especially as they were still a bit warm from the oven. Even happier to report that I only ate a little bit out of the jar myself. Really, there was self-restraint. ;) These are super-moist and have just a hint of hazelnut flavor. My mom said they reminded her of the Ferrero Rocher chocolates that she loves. I highly doubt there'll be any left come Monday morning. :)



Ingredients:
½ cup flour
¼ tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup Nutella
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup unsalted butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.

Sift together flour and salt; set aside.

Beat eggs, Nutella, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Alternately add butter and flour mixture, beating until well incorporated. Spread into prepared pan.

Bake at 325F for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack. Makes 16 brownies

2 comments:

Elle said...

Ooooh, those look really easy and delicious! Nice recipe!

pc said...

A friend of mine just confessed he doesn't know what nutella is (!!!) so it's time to break out a jar and make a batch :)