2.15.2008

Peach Cobbler

Since it was Valentine's Day and all yesterday, I decided to make Dave a giant heart-shaped cookie. It didn't go well, and that's all we're going to say on that subject!

A couple weeks ago, we were watching Good Eats (I have a huge non-sexual crush on Alton Brown.), and the episode was on peaches. Dave mentioned he really liked peach cobbler. Now, the boy may eat almost anything, but he's kinda fussy about baked goods (Don't tell him I said that LOL). So, anyways, I jumped on this knowledge.

I know fresh peaches would have been best, but they're not in season and were a bit pricey, hence the use of the frozen ones. In my defense, at least they're the Whole Foods brand of frozen fruit. ;)

Unfortunately, they didn't come out to be as pretty as I'd like them to be. In fact, if I based it off of what it looked like, I probably wouldn't have even eaten them. But we decided to go for it anyways, and I'm glad we did. It tasted a WHOLE lot better than it looked. Thankfully.

I found the original recipe over at Tartelette and altered it for my peaches.

Ingredients:
Filling:
16 oz. frozen peaches
¼ cup sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. cornstarch

Streusel topping:
½ cup butter, cold
½ cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
Cinnamon (I just shook it in, no measuring)
Nutmeg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.

Filling: Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Divide between four rammekins. Place the rammekins on a baking sheet, in case the fruit spills over. Set aside.

Topping: In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and spices. Add the butter, cut in small pieces, and mix with your fingertips until it appears crumb-like. Sprinkle evenly over the dishes.

Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.

No comments: