6.06.2008

Lime Loaf Cake

Sure, part of me could say that I made this because I needed to use up that lime and lime juice. And, really, that was part of my reasoning. But I also just wanted to make one more thing with lime, and I hadn't done this pound cake-like beauty. I have a strange feeling that I'm going to forever associate lime with California.

Speaking of which, this is the last thing that I made while living in Mountain View. And even though Johanna's told me not to, I've been doing this all week. Today was my last library trip. My last time at the park. I even brought some bread and fed the squirrels. They're photogenic squirrels, too. Whether they had a choice in that or not is a whole 'nother thing.

(Oh, dear. So I kinda already packed all the pans we're bringing. We're now heating up broccoli in the oven using a cupcake pan.)

So, where was I? Photogenic squirrels? ;) Nah, I'll move on from that. Actually, I should just get on with the recipe since I need to eat soon.

Found originally at Baking Bites, it's definitely more pound cake than regular cake. The top gets a little bit crunchy in the oven, but it's a nice contrast against the soft center and bottom. And very limey. I think it'll be a good treat on the road.

Ingredients:
1½ cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
2½ Tbsp. butter, softened
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. lime juice
Zest of one lime
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until light and crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time. Then add juice, zest, and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes. Let cool briefly in pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Oooh, right up my alley. :) I wonder how it would be with raspberries in it???? hehe.