6.06.2008

York Peppermint Brownies

I am so freakin' tired. The trailer is loaded. And I mean loaded. We're taking a break now, and let me tell you, that shower has never felt so good. We still have the cleaning of the bathroom and the kitchen to do. The computer's the last thing to be packed, of course. :) Right now I'm sitting down and I do not want to move for at least half an hour. Oh, sitting gods, please smile upon me and let me sit for half an hour. Pretty please?

I thought last night was pretty busy, between running to Whole Foods and wanting to bake some things. Wanted to do one or two more than what I did, but I ran out of sugar. That's the quickest way to finish up baking. LOL

At our last trip to Big Lots, I found miniature York Peppermint Patties. I guess Hershey isn't making them anymore? Which is a shame. They taste just like Junior Mints, but flatter. I went with this recipe because I had exactly half a cup left of cocoa. In fact, I purposely sought out a brownie recipe needing that amount.

These are a very moist, cakey brownie. And unfortunately, some of the patties sank and stuck to the bottom of the pan, despite greasing it first. But they're yummy. Half of them are going to our usual Starbucks tomorrow morning, and we've gone through the other half today. It's good refuelling, energizing food. ;)

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1¼ cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 bag Hershey's York Peppermint Patty Baking Bits

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch baking pan.

Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until smooth, then add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in baking bits. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes about 16 brownies.

1 comment:

Elle said...

What a coincidence, I just made peppermint pattie brownies this past Sunday! Just ate the last one today.

We moved about a year and a half ago, though not across the country, just a few blocks away, hehe. But packing is the worst! I remember just wanting to sit for a while, too.