6.29.2007

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

All hail the Baking Gods, as the curse has been lifted! *bows down*

Yes, folks, you read it right. I baked today and it didn't turn out horribly below standard!

I went with one the simplest recipes I knew, just putting it into bar form, since it'd be faster. Plus I'm sending out a box to my parents tomorrow, and know they'll appreciate home-baked stuff.

Did what I could for a picture, as my batteries need to be recharged after last weekend's wedding, so... it's not as pretty as it could be.

Oh. And from the corner piece that's missing? Very yum. And I'm not a big brownie/cookie-edge fan either. I used dark chocolate chips since those were the first found, and it definitely adds to it. :)



Ingredients:
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate morsels

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Spread into prepared pan.

Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen bars.

No comments: