5.12.2008

King Arthur's Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies

Countdown to moving: 26 days. (Holymoly)
Bags of baking chips left: 11 (and three half-bags)
Boxes packed: 1

Granted my math skills aren't the greatest in the world, but there's just something not right with those numbers. I need to make the 11 and 1 switch places, I'm sure. So when I came across this recipe over at Cookie Madness, I knew it'd go over well. Dave loves peanut butter cookies, so I figured they'd disappear fast. Surprisingly, there are still some on the plate. ;)

I split the recipe in half, making about 18 cookies, with some extra dough leftover. The mixing method is different than most cookies, but the end result is fabulous. It's puffy and firm. I made them a bit larger, using a 2 Tbsp. scoop (I think), and they seem the type that you'd find in bakeries or coffee shops. :) Oh, and instead of using pb chips, I used a bag of the chocolate/caramel swirled morsels that needed to be used.



Ingredients:
½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
½ tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 egg
1¼ cups flour
2/3 cup chips (pb, chocolate, any kind you'd like)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Cream butter, brown sugar, suga, peanut butter, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add egg, mixing well. Add flour, beating until completely incorporated. Stir in chips. Drop by the tablespoonfull onto baking sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown. Cool on sheet for about five minutes before moving to wire racks.

Makes about 18 cookies.

No comments: