5.07.2008

Oatmeal Cookie Bars

Despite the date of posting, I made this on Monday along with the cupcakes. But time has that funny way of working against me. (Seriously, gravity and time totally have vendettas against me.) I really wanted something that was simple to put together and would use up some of the many bags of baking chips that are currently in residence here.

I had saved the recipe from Cookie Madness a few months ago and finally got around to making it. My goal was somewhat reached: I used up two of the half-bags of chips that were floating around. Still have at least ten more that I would like to use before moving in a month. Oy!

I added some toffee chips to the dough, as well as some chocolate chips to sweeten it up a bit more. On the top, after spreading the chocolate, I sprinkled the remainder of the semi-sweet chips, some Guittard white chips, and some more toffee. Dave ate four of them when he got home from work, when they were still ooey-gooey-melty. Works for me. :)

(No picture as they didn't hold up well when cut and lifted. It's okay. Think of it as a sacrifice to the baking gods) ;)

Ingredients:
½ cup flour
½ cup oats
½ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 egg

1 Tbsp. butter
½ cup morsels

Morsels for sprinkling on top

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.

Whisk together flour and oats; set aside.

Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg. Add flour mixture. Spread into prepared pan.

Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Melt butter and morsels in microwave, then pour over cookie base. Let cool for a few minutes before sprinkling morsels on the top.

No comments: